“To do what nobody else will do, a way that nobody else can do, in spite of all we go through; that is to be a nurse.”
Quick Tips and Tricks
Practice For the HESI A2 the Best Way
Evaluate your answers…
- I confidently knew the correct answer
- I chose the correct answer but was unsure of my choice
- I had no idea which option was the correct answer
Asking yourself these questions will help you determine your areas of strength and weakness so that you can wisely focus your study time on the areas that need the most work. Obviously, the questions that you answered correctly don’t require a lot of study; however, you will want to review this material to confirm that you have a thorough understanding of the concept. In other words, you need to know why it is the correct answer. The questions that you answered correctly but were unsure about need more time and focus. Perhaps you partially understood the topic of the question but not thoroughly.The questions that you were completely at a loss as to the correct answer are the areas that will require the most time and effort. Was the question confusing to you? Were there words that were unfamiliar to you? Don’t be discouraged about these HESI practice exam questions! Apollo Learning Institute Learning Institute Learning Institute can provide you with all the help you need to prepare and score well on the HESI A2.
HESI A2 Practice Methods
As you prepare for the HESI, you may want to use the following approach:
- Take a practice test making note of each question. Have your HESI A2 study materials available. Don’t worry about how long it takes you this first time.
- Use the free HESI A2 study materials available to you from Apollo Learning Institute to gain a better understanding of the concepts you struggled with.
- Take another practice test trying to use your resources as little as possible.
- After taking the first two HESI A2 practice tests, take all other practice tests like it is the real HESI A2 test. Take them in a timely manner and take the test without any of your resources.
- If you need additional instruction, check out the Apollo Learning Institute study guide which includes additional practice tests.
There are nine content areas on the HESI entrance exam. These areas cover specific math, science, reading skills. The HESI entrance exam also includes a Personality Profile and a Learning Style section.
The HESI Test focuses on nine specific subjects. These are Vocabulary and General Knowledge, Reading Comprehension, Grammar, Basic Math Skills, Biology, Anatomy and Physiology, Chemistry, and Physics. Critical thinking.
There are a total of 326 questions on the HESI entrance test.
You are allowed to use a calculator on the HESI exam. However, you cannot bring your own. There will be a digital calculator available on-screen.
The HESI stands for Health Education Systems, Inc., with A2 standing for Admission Assessment.
Each section of the HESI A2 contains 25-50 questions. All science sections contain 25 questions, while all math and English sections contain 50 questions. The one exception is Reading Comprehension, which contains 47 questions.
Every school sets their own cost for taking the HESI entrance exam. You can expect to pay anywhere from $35 to $70.
Each section on the HESI exam is individually scored. Each school sets their own passing score for the HESI exam. The minimum score for most nursing schools is 75-80% on each section.
The HESI A2 exam is used to test academic readiness of those who are wishing to enter nursing school.